Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Stair and a little wheezing

So I haven't done any workouts since the Turkey Trot. Again, life. 

So tonight while Nate is at SNAPP, I thought I would do the inside stairwells for some cardio. And after each flight do some burpees (hate), wall sits, sit ups, and lunges. See how far I could get up the stairwell. First set was good. I did 10 arm presses on the heater. Ran up another flight and 25 sit ups. Up another flight and 10 sec wall sit. By this flight, I am wheezing. Wheezing so bad I can feel it in my chest and hear it. I head down. Catch my breath and try to run up another flight. Make it to the first landing and have to stop and walk the second. I am going to get some of these in. And then I really can't breathe. Good thing I am in a hospital! 

I end up walking back down and decide to call it quits. I can't breathe. It hurts to breathe. Ugh. No time to be sick. 

I'm wishing I would have just ran outside and around the hospital parking lot. I wasn't sure it would be clear enough. Duh, I think, it's a hospital; it's gonna be clear. And it was. It may have been bone-chilling cold, but it would have felt better. At least that is what I am telling myself until Thursday when Nate is back here for another session. I will run Thursday. Outside. 

And I am not getting sick.  

Run. Strong. 
-t-

No comments:

Post a Comment