Friday, February 24, 2012

A little bit more about me...

I do not look like a runner. I probably do not run like a runner. I am not fit like a runner. But I am BECOMING A RUNNER!  I committed myself to a healthier lifestyle in 2012. Sure, I've said and done that before. But this year was/is different. I was moody. Depressed. Just felt BLAH!  So I called my son's first grade teacher, from about 5 years ago, because she had posted on her FB page about this product called AdvoCare. Weight loss. Healthy Living. The whole thing. Started on the 24 Day Challenge and within 2 days, I was completely hooked. After the 24 days, I had lost 18 pounds. But it wasn't just the weight. It was how I felt mentally. Emotionally. And of course, physically. It was like I was a new person! Mind, body, and soul. Sure, I thought I had just joined some "cult" and maybe I have, but I'm telling you what, I feel like I can do anything now! And anything includes this 1/2 marathon. Yes, she and a mutual friend, presented me and my best friend with this colorful training plan to train for the 1/2. And we bought right into it.   Not because of them saying that we could do this, but because we KNOW we can do this.

But even in knowing that I can do this, there is still the fear of doing it. The fear that I won't finish before they close the route. The fear that I will just pass out and die on the streets of Columbus, OH. The fear that I am not going to be physically ready. And the biggest fear right now....THE FEAR THAT I AM NOT TRAINING ENOUGH!!!

I will do this. I can do this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment