Monday, July 30, 2012

Hill repeats! Oh joy!

Yeah that's what was on the schedule this morning. When that alarm went off at 4:45am, I'm not gonna lie and say I didn't think of any and every excuse to not go!
1. My stomach didn't feel good.
2. I have a headache.
3. I'm tired.
4. I....
You get the picture!

But I got up. Cristen was counting on me. Boss Lady was counting on me. Cult Lady Training Planner was counting on me. These ladies have been an integral part of this training. From writing the plans to showing me how to do speed work and tempo runs to just being there. And just as they inspire and motivate me, I do the same for them. It's a win-win relationship!

So to the rec center we meet. This time though I dropped a bag of water bottles of at our hill. I say "our hill" because some day I will conquer this hill and run up it like Amy and Shirley do! Right Cristen?!?!

Amy tried to trick me that we have already done 4 repeats and we are doing 5. Shirley tried the same thing. But Cristen and I DO COUNT THESE THINGS AND WE KNOW! 4 it is!

Run down Stone Quarry. That is my favorite part of hill repeats. It's such a nice mile run. Not to mention that then end part of it is a downward slope. YAY!

Then the 4 repeats. The first one always sucks! Second one isn't too bad. Third one, well at this point we realize we have to do this one. More. Time. Ick. Owell. Up we go. It's over. Here's my picture to prove I did it!

Back up Stone Quarry. Fun. Home. Stretch caused ass is killing me! No pain. No gain! Yay!

Wednesday is hopefully a long run of 8. But maybe not. My grandmother is in Hospice right now. I'm really not sure what the rest of this week will bring. Say a prayer.


Run. Strong.
XOXO
-t-

No comments:

Post a Comment