Monday, February 25, 2013

And it begins...again...no really!

13.1 training has begun. It should have started 2 weeks ago but I was down with the flu and when I did run a 5k with BFFAE it honestly felt like the biggest mistake. I was miserable 41:59 or something like that. Ugh. Whatever. I had the flu.

And then Nate and I were leaving for Disney for 5 days. I had GRAND plans to run while in Florida and had even checked out the awesome gym at the Hilton, but alas, walking 14,000 steps a day seemed like it was enough exercise. There was never a lack of walking. And even a little running if you throw in running from the monorail to the bus! Yeah, that was fun. So despite not running in the wonderful Floridian weather for exercise, I did a sh!t ton of walking!

So after being back now for a few days it was time to get back on the wagon and get it going.

Boss Lady called on Sunday afternoon and asked if I would want to walk with my "pregnant friend"! Of course! So to the dam we went. 3 miles later, she felt better and I was energized to start working out and training for this half. And of course on this walk she mentions a spinning class. Well I've always wanted to try it but haven't. For no reason other than the time didn't work. But today I made it work. And I just can't say no to her :)

Spinning. 6am. 50 minutes. 20 miles. I couldn't do the standing rides. I am just not coordinated. It reminds me of that darn elliptical! Cannot. Stand. And. Move. Whatever. I tried and only lasted about 10 seconds. I guess it's better than nothing? And I will go back! At least I will give it another try on Wednesday. It was a great crossfit workout. And I am feeling it today!

I just wish the weather would warm up a bit. Even if in the evenings. I just prefer to run outside. I want to do some hills. Speed work. Soon I hope.

Oh so what half am I training for? Indy (nothing about) Mini Half Marathon May 4th. There will be about 35,000 runners there. I do not anticipate PR'ing at this race. It's again a completion thing. Mostly because of the number of people running and my training is going to be sub-par. But I'm going to give it everything I have between now and May 4th. I have some races scheduled so I will work on improvement!

So I hope you will join me in this crazy journey! It's gonna be a ride ;)!

And lastly but definitely not least...a few shout outs! My cousin, Kelly, for running her first 1/2 2 weeks ago! So proud of you! You inspire me! I also met a "follower" of my blog a few weeks ago at a fish fry! How exciting is that! So a shout out to Shannon for reading my blog and being inspired! Maybe someday we can run together!

That's all friends.

As usual...
Run. Strong.
-t-





2 comments:

  1. One of my all time favorite spinning instructors always told us "this is YOUR ride" just remember that. If you don't want to stand, sit. If you want to stand, stand. If you want to crank up the resistance, DO IT. Hell, I've even made my own spinning tracks and brought my iPod into class (granted I sat in the back so the instructor wouldn't see and I wouldn't offend them). It's YOUR ride. Do it YOUR way and you'll love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so nice to meet you! Good luck in your training for the Indy Mini. Love Indy...and not just because it's my hometown. If you like the city, you should consider the Indy Monumental Marathon in the fall. Smaller race, great flat course around downtown, fun atmosphere. I will definately run the half and maybe (gulp) my first full at IMM this year.

    ReplyDelete