Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Go Bananas!

BANANAS!

You should always listen to your body. And I should listen to my own advice!

Went for a run Friday night. Short 2 miler. But it felt good. No, GREAT! A little PF pain over the weekend. But stretching helped.

Another 2.5 miler on Monday. Felt even better after the first mile. Even though it was windy! And running into the wind is hard. Again a little PF pain. But tolerable.

Tonight. A whole other story! Yoga. 3rd week in a row! That is such an accomplishment for me! And I could definitely tell the difference in my poses and flexibility. However, one particular pose, the Crescent, did not fare so well left quad went tight. Tight like I have never felt in my quad. My calve, sure. Quad, not so much. And it affected me just enough that I fell completely out of the pose and went crashing (ok a little exaggerated) down! I got back up ad proceeded into a down-dog to stretch it out. And it worked. A little.

After class someone asked if it was a cramp. I said yes. Explained I ran last night. Potassium she says. Yes, I know. I have failed. I am on day 9 of the 10 day cleanse. So concerned about getting the right foods in, not even thinking that I need to increase my potassium intake via bananas. Duh.

Anyhow. To Kroger I went for BANANAS.

SIDE NOTE: I have this cheer from when I was a school aged cheerleader in my head every time I say BANANAS...it goes something like this: GO BANANAS! B-A-N-A-N-A-S! And it has this goofy arm movement too. And yes, in my head I am doing the whole movement. Ask me sometime. Maybe I'll show ya!

Anyhow. 6 bananas later and a Facebook message to the ahhhhhhmazing Dr Pat for an appt PRONTO, I am home on the phone with Training Planner Lady and the best conversation evolves! I admit to her that I miss FABULOUS FARRELL ROAD! Turns out she does too! Soon. As soon as its a little lighter out in the morning. One day a week. A good workout together. I am so excited! It's sickening! With this impending Indy (not a mini) Half Marathon in 7 weeks and 2 other long races in the next 4 weeks, I need this excitement. This drive. This motivation. This THRILL!!! And she is just the lady to tell me I CAN DO IT!

So onward and upward I go! With a tight quad, PF pain and DRIVE to do this I am gonna be ready. Mentally at least!!

Run. Strong.
-t-

No comments:

Post a Comment