Thursday, November 27, 2014

And I'm off!

Not to a great start however, but I'm en route to the SpaceCoast 1/2 Marathon. First stop Baltimore. 

It's been a rough morning getting to this point. Late at the airport and luggage not guaranteed to make my flight. Thankfully I wore my running shoes so at least I have that. Everything else can be replaced. I guess. 

Get in my seat and my coffee dumps over. Miraculously I didn't lose but maybe a drop. Maybe things are on the upswing. 

Maybe not. Guy in front of me throws his seat back the moment we are allowed and my knees are crunched. Readjust. Move on. 

Flight attendant comes around for drinks. I'm thinking I should order a drink. But don't. Opt for water and throw an Airborne in. 

Oh my. That smell. Someone farted. Good grief. It's bad. Really bad.  Good grief people! Hold it in. 

I can't even think about race day yet. It's all too much. I'm hoping that all the bad juju is out and race day will be EPIC!! 

And I look out the window and realize that above the dark clouds of night and  the rough start this morning is beauty...

See you in Tampa! 
Run. Strong. Good juju. 
-t-

2 comments: