Thursday, November 13, 2014

It's gettin' COLD out there


Okay so the song is really "It's gettin' HOT in here..." But when I started typing this its what I was thinking! Work with me here...

SpaceCoast is just a couple weeks away! Florida. Sunshine. Warm (above 30 degrees) weather. Sand not snow. And the only salt is what is in the ocean! Ahhhhhhhhh

So here are a few of my random thoughts throughout the last few weeks...all while on my long runs...
1. My training plan has not been like my previous races due to recovery mode from the stress fracture. It's been a run 9, walk 1 kind of plan for my long runs. It's working. 
2. I'm running more than walking. Well, after my watch beeps me for 2 miles. 
3. I loathe/despise the first 2 miles of any run. Mentally and physically. It really is the most hateful part for me. 
4. All but one long run have been solo. The one run that wasn't solo was with my dear friend Shelly. My breast cancer survivor warrior! She pushed me through 7 miles a couple weeks ago! I love winning with Shell!
5. I threw away my energy beans last week at mile 7 of my 9 miler. I was throwing away my tissues and my beans went with it. I really needed those beans for the last 2, turned into 3 miles. 
6. I ran, yes RAN, a trail this week with my contracts director (boss)!  And I think I liked it! 
7. BondiBand excitement this weekend at the Hot Chocolate 15/5k in Columbus! And I'm running the 15k this time (5k in Nashville this past February)! Pics and more on that later.
8. I still love running. Or rather I still enjoy it! That feels good! 
9. I signed up for the Flying Pig Half in May 2015. More later! 
10. I think about all the things I want to write about while on my long runs. I really should bring along a voice recorder. Or figure out how to use my phone for random thoughts! 

So there ya have it! A blog about nothing of great importance. But I had to get this stuff off my chest! And I needed to move my fingers cause it's gettin' COLD in here...

Run. Strong. 
-t-

1 comment: