Tuesday, May 1, 2012

And the realization is setting in...

Race day is a mere 4 days away...well 5 if you count today...but regardless, it is D-A-Y-S AWAY!

I've been reading up on everything that the Cap City Website has posted from the bloggers to the coaches to the directions, instructions, to the FaceBook page, comments, questions, pictures. You name it. I could probably tell you. I know how to get from the hotel to the Expo. From the hotel to the START line. From the FINISH line back to the hotel. I know the route. Where the hill will be. Where the water stations are. What to expect out on the race route. That President Obama will be at OSU on race day. Yippee.

What I don't know is what I am going to wear. NOTHING NEW. Okay. I get that. But the weather is sooooo unpredictable. I mean really. It was 40's on Saturday. 60's on Sunday. 80's on Monday. 70's on Tuesday. Good grief. Can't a girl get some consistency?!  Oh, that's right. I am in O-H-I-O.  I know the socks. I know the shoes (duh). I know which sports bra. I think I know the pants (capris). Pretty sure I am gonna wear my lucky hat. But I just don't know what top. See, I am used to the cooler conditions, so I would wear my TT tech shirt. But I think it's gonna be a little too warm. I could wear one of my tank wicking tops, but what if it's too cool. So I wear my tech jacket. Then it gets too warm. I take it off and wrap it around my waist. Good grief! Do you see what I mean?!? ARGH! I'd go buy something, but...
 NOTHING NEW! 
 So I will pack a lot of tops for Saturday. I know this isn't a fashion show. I am not dressing for fashion. I am dressing for 13.1 miles of unpredictable weather. Sure, I will check weather.com before I pack on Friday for the 5th and final time (yes, I have already started laying stuff out!). Oh, and let's not forget that Jen and I are staying the weekend in Columbus so I have to pack for what I want to wear out and about after the race and that evening. Now that might be the fashion show! ;-)

And did I mention that my sleep habits have been WHACKED! All I wanted to do all weekend was sleep.  I was sooooo tired. Last night, I couldn't sleep. Up at 3:30am like I had slept a full 8 hours. I managed to get back to sleep at 4:30. Only to be woken up at 5:30, 6:30, 6:45. FINE. I will get up! Suck down my SPARK and I am ready to go. 

Okay. That's enough de-stressing for right now. I will be writing more as the days dwindle and I am leaving for Columbus with my BFFAE! 

Yeah, we are pretty psyched. More to come on that....

No comments:

Post a Comment