Thursday, October 18, 2012

A NEW CHALLENGE!

But first a quick update on the last week...I "officially" went back to running a week ago. Thursday to be exact. I was off work for doctor appts for Nate so after I got him off to school and checked my work email, i took off for what I was hoping to be 3 miles. It was, but it wasn't a run. More of a walk/run. I was in a bit of pain. No lie. But I got out there. So that counts for something. Right? Friday, Cristen and I met for a mile or so and then to do the bleachers! I could barely walk on Saturday but I pulled it together to enjoy Fall Pumpkin Day with BFFAE and the kids! It's my second favorite day of the year, the first being the day the pool opens for the summer ;). Sunday I met Boss Lady for a run/jog/walk at the Englewood Dam. It was slow. It was easy. It hurt. A little. But pushed thru it for 2 miles running, 1 mile walking...Boss Lady? And then picked up BFFAE for some gym time in which I proceeded to do another 3 miles on the treadmill!

Monday. Rest. Tuesday yoga! I love love love yoga! The stretching is amazing and it is never the same thing! Really did some ab work that night cause Wednesday I thought I was gonna cry! No pain. No gain.

Wednesday, 2.75 mile with Cristen. Felt good. I really want to get more in. Just can't seem to find the motivation.

So the CHALLENGE!!!!!!

Tonight was the first night since July that Nate has not had football and it was not Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. We enjoyed dinner. The quietness of the evening. And then I sprung on him the PLANK-A-DAY CHALLENGE!

I had been wanting to do this for a while. And the goal had been October 1. But after the half I was exhausted. Mentally, but most mostly physically. And anything involving physical activity just seemed, oh, tiring! So last night I thought up the idea to start the PLANK A DAY CHALLENGE on the first night of no football practice.

Nate was very confident about kicking my arse! And after tonight, I am afraid he might! But, not without a fight!

So 30 more days to go! Here are the rules:
1. Plank must be performed with one of us present or a picture must be taken and sent if not available.
2. Must trust that neither of us will lie or cheat.
3. The person who holds a plank for the most amount of time at the end of the challenge wins $10 from the loser. In the event of a tie, a "plank-off" will occur with an unbiased time keeper aka cannot be either challenger timekeeping.
4. In the event a plank is missed (he goes to his dads every other weekend) all missed planks must be completed, individually.

It's pretty simple. Or so I hope. He crushed me tonight at 58 seconds compared to my 23 seconds. Whatever. I was more concerned about form.

So wish us luck! I will try and post some pics as we go along!

I will still be running. As a matter of a fact, going out tomorrow with a new recruit and Cristen for a couple of miles and then some bleachers. I'm a glutton for punishment....I have a 5k Saturday morning.... Maybe I will do half the bleachers....

Until then.
Run. Strong. PLANK!
-t-

No comments:

Post a Comment