Monday, October 22, 2012

My Mojo and a lil ego boost!

I ran 5 miles. Well, maybe it was closer to 4.5 if we aren't counting the walking. But regardless, I finally ran more than 2! And it felt awesome!

This was yesterday.

And the best part about it was after I finished the 5, I could have ran a little bit more. It felt good. I think I am officially back. My mojo is back!!

So remember that PLANK A DAY CHALLENGE me and my son Nate are doing? Yeah, well he was kicking my ass at it. But tonight, I beat him! I held it for a full MINUTE AND 2 SECONDS! I probably could have gone longer but I didn't want to upset him too much! Bahahahahahaha! (wink wink). He still did very good....46.2 seconds. That has been his shortest one too! I'm getting there. I will probably owe him $10 when it's over but the 3 minutes I get with him every day for the next 27 days is totally worth every dime! And what I'm teaching him is worth more! So I'm winning! 😉

Ghost and Goblins 5k tomorrow in downtown Dayton! Looking forward to that race. My time last year was 48:04. I hope I can get a PR (under 37:59) but I will be content with a PR race time itself, which is completely attainable, even if I have a bad run day!

I'll let ya know how that goes tomorrow!

The next big race after that is the Hot Chocolate 15k in Columbus on November 18th! Yep, 15k....9.3 miles..... A new race distance for me! Gotta get some long runs in in the next couple of weeks. A little bit of training. It's gonna be fun!!! Running and Chocolate! Yes!!!!

Run. Strong.
-t-

No comments:

Post a Comment