Thursday, August 15, 2013

Fabulous Farrell with a Fantastic Friend

I didn't want to get up this morning to run. I was tired. My legs were tiiirrrreeeedddd. Oh my how they were tired. But it was Fabulous Farrell Road hill repeats with Training Planner. I couldn't bail. And I am so glad I didn't. I had the best run this morning.  

It was just Training Planner and I this morning. It was exactly what I needed. I hadn't really talked to her since my bad week and even then it was just thru texts. I needed real conversation with her. I needed to hear her voice and see her. And our conversation was real. She told me about her training and how she "now knows how Tami feels" when being pushed and not the pusher ;-)  We talked about racing and "just running". We talked about training and the different methods. We talked about bad weeks and good weeks. Ok, maybe she did more talking and I was listening but I was actively participating in my head... I can't talk and run.   Especially at a 12 minute mile! That's almost tempo pace. But I felt good! Actually I felt great! I could have ran 4 more miles with her and skipped the hills altogether!  She is just so insightful.

So the hills...I did 2; she did 3. I wanted 3; she wanted 4. Next time we decided! 

I finally feel refreshed. Ready to go. Confident. Excited. Still nervous but I got this.  I know what I have to do. I was reminded this morning of why I run. 

This has been a good week. 

Long run is late this week (Sunday). 
It's only 6! ;)

Run. Strong. 
-t-

P.S. I didn't get a picture of us this morning. I didn't need one. I have it in my head. And it's beautiful. It's bright and happy. We are smiling. Exhilarated and Refreshed. Like rainbows and unicorns. It. Just. Felt. Right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment