Wednesday, August 14, 2013

When it comes together....

I think I can safely say that the sinus infection the first 3 weeks of training is really what brought me down and made my runs just downright suck! 

Today I had the best 400's! Well, better than the first time I did 400's. 
2:35; 2:23; 2:23;2:22;2:34;2:36
I realize they weren't the 2:15 target pace. But they sure did beat the times from the first week! 

And I was equally impressed that I accomplished those times less than 12 hours after a tempo run in which Boss Lady pushed me! 

And I was very surprised by those times because I felt really good. I just felt good. Maybe I could have been faster. Maybe I could have pushed myself harder. Maybe, maybe, maybe...  No maybe about it, I did PRETTY DAMN GOOD! 

And the weather! Wow! Wonderful weather! I think that makes all the difference too. I actually had a long sleeve shirt on. It is August, right? Whatever. I'm good with it. Tan may be fading, but my running isn't! Ha!

But tonight, I'm sore. My legs are achy. Restless almost. All day I just wanted my compression socks on. I forgot them at home this morning. I think I need to invest in a pair to keep at my office. I will sleep in them tonight. I wish I could wrap my entire body in compression. It would feel so good. 

Instead I will wear them tonight and dream of happy things. Like a PR, better speed times, 3 Fabulous Farrell Road repeats.... Oh yeah, those are tomorrow! 

Run. Strong.
-t-

No comments:

Post a Comment