Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Eve to the eve to the eve before RACE DAY!

Go ahead. Call me a dork. I did. Out loud too.  But it's true! It's the Eve to the Eve of the Eve before race day...that's 3 days till race day. Oh. My. Goodness. 

I overslept this morning. Missed my 2 mile long run. Please don't make me repeat that.  So disappointed. People said I needed the rest. Thank you. But I really needed that run. 10 weeks of training and I sleep thru my alarm THE LAST WEEK?! I guess it's better than missing a longer run or speedwork. But still. 

Friends said that one run isn't gonna make or break me now. True. One friend, who completed the AF Marathon (half) this past weekend, PR'd and only did long runs for her training. 

Then why am I still fretting over missing a 2 mile run?! Because I put so much pressure on myself for this race. I have to PR. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. I don't care if it's 2 minute PR. I JUST WANT TO BEAT MY TIME!   

I made a statement/comment/remark...  If I don't PR on Saturday then I will sign up and run the Dayton Corridor Classic 1/2 in 2 weeks. It sounds like a great idea. At least right now. Boy am I praying that I PR on Saturday. 

That's the end. 

I will write more tomorrow. I have lots going on in my head. 

Run. Strong. 
-t-



No comments:

Post a Comment