Saturday, April 21, 2012

Just another race...

with a PERSONAL RECORD SET AGAIN!!!!!!!!  

Yeah, so remember how I said it was just another race and it was a last minute thing, well, I had my BEST TIME! And I won a door prize!
 
58 TAMI HENDERSON      VANDALIA OH        F 37   6/8      38:48 12:30
 
I DID THAT!!!!! A-M-A-ZING!!!!
And it was a hard fight too for that...rolling hills, cold, wet, windy, a fellow runner that thought I needed paced and I had to dodge her for about a mile until I finally stopped, she stopped and I yelled at her to "GO I DO NOT NEED A PACER!"

I know...I know...not good running etiquette but COME ON! She has seen me at numerous races, most of which I have ran by myself, she sees me out and about running, AND she knew I was training for a half in 2 weeks because I TOLD HER!

Why in the world would she think I would need a pacer or that I needed or WANTED someone to run with me??!?!?! If I did WANT a pacer, like Shelly the Swedish Trainer, then I would have asked. AND a trainer does not keep looking over their shoulder and when you TRY to pass them they run in front of you and cut you off...JUST SAYING...

At any rate. When it was all said and done, it was my best time by mile and finish. 

Tomorrow is the big LONG RUN! 10 miles...wonder if it will end up being more like 11 or 12...Guess we will have to wait until tomorrow to find out!

 




OH! And a HUGE CONGRATS TO MY FRIEND CRISTEN for her 3rd place in our age division!!!! So extremely proud and excited for her and that I could be there for her today!!!






Looking forward to my long run tomorrow...I even lined up water stops at a friends house along the route! CAUSE I AM AWESOME LIKE THAT!!! 

Run Strong.



1 comment:

  1. You are awesome like that!!! I would like to clarify that I was NOT the irritating person you were talking about!!! :)

    I checked the times from my previous two races and this was my best too! Woot woot!

    ReplyDelete