Thursday, April 5, 2012

One month and counting...

29 days, 13 hours, 40 minutes and counting....

Had a great appointment with the AMAZING Dr. Prikkel! So, at my last appointment, he made a copy of my "cults" half marathon training plan. I thought he just wanted to see what "those girls" had gotten me into (he is long-time running friends with them!). Little did I know that he would make notes on it and give it back to me today with instructions and suggestions as to how to get ready for this 1/2; all the while telling me that there are plenty of other 1/2 Marathons that I can do so that I am trained properly for it. But at any rate, he gave me notes. If nothing else to just get my feet and ankles ready for 13.1 miles. To sum it up it goes a little like this... LR 8, 10, 11, RACE...that's the Long Runs that I need to do... In between those runs (which occur on the weekend) are "speedwork runs" that need to occur 3x a week and range between 3-5 miles...and then there are the tempo runs which I haven't quite figured out, but will just do more interval running during the week....oh, and then a 30 minute easy run or cross-fit exercise regimen (I'm going for the Cardio Boot Camp).

So with that said, I left work early today, came home, changed clothes, and Shelly the Swedish Trainer and her lovely daughter met me at my house for a run. It was a short run.  Or so the Nike app indicates to me....2.90 miles, 14:09/mile, 41:05. Not great. Not bad. I am going to MapMyRun and really check the route....I don't trust that app anymore!  (shake shake Cristen!)

I am going to run this weekend. Whether it be on the treadmill (for some interval), or on the road (for some LR). 

It's no longer a fear of finishing the race, because I will (we will). It's something else. And I am going to figure it out. Or at least think about it. On the next run. Tomorrow night. I kinda miss the treadmill a little.  I've missed running. A lot.
 
P.S. Check out my last post...I added a picture of my BFFAE and I crossing the finish line...I think I was doing some sort of dance or something. Maybe THAT's why she beat me by a second!

No comments:

Post a Comment