Monday, July 29, 2013

If there was ever a day...

...that I didn't want to get up and run, it would have been today


But I got up and went. Begrudgingly, I might add. And when I started to do my mile warmup, my body was still sleeping. I swear. It wouldn't move. I wanted to fall to the ground right there on S. Dixie and go to sleep. Or cry. Cry would have been okay too. But I didn't. I stretched. And started to run. Slow. But I was moving. Felt the cramp in right foot. Ankle ache on the left. Quad pull on the right. Nose pouring with snot. It was stellar.  And I made it thru the whole mile without stopping. And when I realized I just did that, I recalled thinking to myself as I was getting dressed "I will run the entire mile and then some. Just do it."


And then the 4x800's. At this point, I wasn't sure what I was hating more. Myself, or the 800's. Regardless, I was there and was going to do them. And they sucked. First one was a FULL minute off my goal time. But honestly, I didn't care. Last year the goal time was 6 minutes. I did it in under 6 minutes. The next 2 the same. The last one...well, half way around the first lap, I said, "I quit" and I did. I stopped running. Kelly must have heard me and she turned around and came back and made me go again. And again. It was slow. It was over the 6 minutes. It was the last one. And I was done.

Every part of my body is aching right now. From my shoulders to my toes. I hope it's just the aches from the run and not something else. I hope it's just the aches because I was camping. I hope it's just the aches from being tired. I just hope the aches go away. 

My dear friend Aly asked if I would be up for a run/walk this evening. Of course this was yesterday when I kinda felt like a rockstar! But I will go tonight. I will push thru it. Because in the end, I know I will be better.  The run will get better. The speedwork will get better.  It has to.


Run. Strong.
-t-

2 comments:

  1. I have so many inspirational quotes to lay on you right now, like Tony Robbins' famous quote: "No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying" or "whether it's a 14 minute mile or a 7 minute mile, it's still a mile" or "even a bad run is better than no run" or "that voice inside your head that says you can't is a liar" or dozens of other inspirational quotes stolen from Pinterest, but, I'm me, and so I leave you with this: "you can do this and you damn well WILL do this, so shut up and RUN!" (okay, I stole those from Pinterest, but i combined them to make it my own). This is just the beginning of another epic adventure. You are training to run a HALF MARATHON because you are AWESOME and don't forget it. Ever. Keep up the blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you please just come to OH and kick my ass everyday in person instead of thru IM...yes, that would be greatly appreciated.

      HA!

      Delete