Sunday, July 28, 2013

Week 1 Recap: Starting All Over

One and done. 

Long run/walk of 6 done with my dad on Saturday. Walk/run because I was still trying to get a grip on my allergies. Unfortunately, they got the best of me. But it was a great time with my dad and he does push and encourage me. 
Monday, Cristen and I set out to do a full 6. We did 3. Tired. But we did something.  

Kelly was back Tuesday so Wednesday we dragged her butt to some speed work at BHS.  I still love speed work. Even after sub par times: 4x400: 2:19/2:30/2:31/2:31 
Should have been 2:15.  But I think I've figured out what I need to adjust so I plan on working on that!

Thursday we met Training Planner at the Rec and headed out for Farrell Road for hill repeats. The run down there felt fabulous. I was in a good groove. Pace was nice. Cristen fell. Trash was stinky. 2 hills for us; 3 for Training planner.  I timed my hills but can't find them on my watch now. I want to say it was like 4 minutes something. Because I remember Cristen and I talking about how it was only 2 minutes slower than our 400's.  I will time again on week 2.  

And that was it for the week. Nate and I went camping this weekend. Beautiful weather, minus the monsoon that came thru Saturday morning. Good thing I didn't have a long run planned. That would have been very wet. 

So what's in deck for this week...800's, hills, long run of 8, and gonna try a TEMPO run this week too. Boss Lady is gonna go with me to pace me and talk to me. I don't have to talk. Thank goodness. That 11:15 pace for 3 miles is gonna be KILLER! 

I will check in later! 
Run. Strong. 
-t-

No comments:

Post a Comment