Friday, July 26, 2013

It's all in the head.

Well, week one is complete. I didn't blog about each training session, 4 to be exact (but will recap later). And I didn't take pictures of myself after these sessions.  And here is why...

This 1/2 is weighing heavily on me. I am trying to wrap my head around the whole thing and I can't figure out why. What is different this year from last year? Lots of things, really. Silly things...
  • Shoes. Not my typical Asics that I wore all last year...they are great though!
  • Weather is all inconsistent (i.e SUPER hot, cool, rainy, humid). Last year it was HOT and HUMID from the get go!
  • Allergies have been horrible the last month. They were practically non-existent last year so learning to run with tissues is quite a challenge.
  • Boss Lady and Training Planner aren't out there with me every run. That is really taking some getting used to. But I do get calls/texts making sure I am doing what I am supposed to be doing. Training Planner has been there for hills and that is GREAT! Boss Lady is going to do  tempo runs with me starting next week.
  • The Training Plan. Yeah, it really has me frightened. I ain't gonna lie! It was tweaked, but not ridiculously. There has been more emphasis put on the Tempos and the pace of the long run and I think that is what is in my head. But here's the thing, I know it will work. I know I will get that PR if I follow the plan. 
  • Crazy/Busy traveling. Whether it be vacation, trips home to Canton to see my family, camping, I've just not been home. And that makes me tired. Tired. Ahhhh, the worst excuse for not getting up for a run. Not body tired, mind tired. 
  • My head. I have to get out of it. I've switched up my playlist so I am hoping that helps some. I think if I got out of my head, all of the above would be nonexistent.
 
I will get there. I will get it done. Cause that's just what I do. I'm putting away the Pinterest. I'm putting away the "smut" books. I'm putting away the DIY projects around the house. For the next 9 weeks (week 1 lost), I am focusing on running. My running. After all, I have something to prove to myself....





Run.Strong.
 -t-

No comments:

Post a Comment