Monday, July 22, 2013

Past, Present, Future

Yes, I know the title to this post is a bit...intriguing...you know you're thinking..."hmmmm wonder what's going on with Tami...."

The Past. 
After the race. Quite muddy.
Finished the Indy 500 1/2. Blogged. Fell off the face of the earth. No, not really. Just life picked up again and it got busy.  Two weeks after the 1/2, I participated, for lack of a better word, in the 2nd Annual Ft. Recovery Mud Run with the sisters from the North...aka Deanna, Beth, Erica and their spouses... that fabulous 5k Mud Run Obstacle Course race that I did last year...yeah...and again said this year that I was not doing this again!  It was fun. I can't lie. It's a lot of laughs and support. I did more of the obstacles this year and I ran a lot more of it too. Which surprised me. But I did it. And I didn't get any "flesh eating bacteria" like I thought I would. I did get some sort of horrible rash on my legs which I thought was poison ivy, but it wasn't...then I thought it was chiggers, but I don't think it was that either...then we just figured it was something in the mud and it went away in, oh, about 3 weeks.  'Nuff said. It's over. Registration is open for the next year. Yes, I will be signing up. Yes, I am shaking my head. 
Sisters from the North and their families...and me.


Two races since then...My traditional Vandalia Freedom Run 5k July 4th. It's the race that started it all! Time was not spectacular. But I finished. And I did beat my past years times, so I will take it. 
Me and Nate - VFR 5k
BFFAE, Kelly, Cristen, Me - VFR 5k
It was hot. It was humid. It was tiring.  Week later, bring on Bec's Bunch Remembrance Run 5k. Same route as the VFR so I have a route time to compete with. Yay.  And of course all my running mentors are there...aka Training Planner and Boss Lady.  Allergies are a mess. Can't breathe. Want to puke. Somehow place 3rd in my age group. Say what?! Yep, you heard that right! First. Time. Ever.
I will blog a bit more about that race later. Lots to say about that one. 

Kelly, Training Planner (Shirley), Me, Boss Lady (Amy)

Moving on....

The Future  for a brief minute then back to the Present, to go to the Future...rambling Tami...
I am officially signed up for Akron 1/2 Marathon September 28th. Again. I love this race. It is my race. And about 10k others, but it's my race. It's the race that I am basing all my personal accomplishments on. It's the race that I work for. It's the race that will earn me my bragging rights. It's the race that I legit train for. Which is now a good segue back to the Present.

The Present.
So, here I am now at the 10 week mark until the Akron 1/2. I did a 5 mile run/walk with my dad on Saturday. Marathon Deb is in the midst of her marathon training and had to run 18 miles. I can't even imagine. So, dad and I did a 5 mile loop so he could hop on his bike and catch up with her for support. She was doing the 8 mile loop I did back in August. My allergies or this cold or whatever it is was truly getting the best of me and I damn myself for allowing that. I had tissues. Just not enough. And I couldn't breathe. Running on the country roads wasn't the smartest thing I realize now (literally).  But dad did push me. And that was good. And it was just nice to get out there with him. He used to give me "car talks" now I get "run talks". About everything and anything. I wish he lived closer so we could do that more. 

Training Planner has tweaked my plan from last year. I will admit it is a bit more intense and a lot more daunting. And I am trying to get out of my head. I need for her to get in my head instead. And she will. As soon as she reads this. Mark. My. Word.


The Future. Again.
On the plus side, those that ran with me last year, Kelly and Cristen, are back in for the fun again this season. Kelly took the plunge and signed up for her first 1/2 Marathon in Akron! I'm still working on Cristen...I mean, if you are gonna commit to running with me, you may as well take the plunge too and sign up silly.   Kelly is on vacation right now. Returning on Tuesday, so it's some speed-work Wednesday morning and back to Fabulous (would like another F word) Farrell Road for hills on Thursday! 
Cristen and I on first run of Training Season 2013!

Oh, back to The Present. 
Cristen and I went out for 6 this morning (long run miles) but only accomplished 3+ miles. In the rain and humidity. But we got out there. Started out REAL good and fast too. It was feeling great! And then it fell apart. Not sure when or where. I think it was when the first car came up behind us. Feel kinda like a failure for not completing what we set out to do, but we got out there. And my legs are sore. Just have to punch it out and get it done. Oh, Kelly is in for a treat when she gets back from vacation!


So that's a quick recap. There will be more to come. Especially since it's now out there....

Run. Strong.
-t-

PS. Check out my MA friend's blog about her running/hiking/biking/craziness! Click here!


No comments:

Post a Comment