Monday, August 18, 2014

Shoes!

*I'm sorry if this post grosses some people out...it is all pictures of my feet, and talking about my feet, and well, my feet.*

There are 2 things I look forward to right at this moment and I am not sure which ranks first, but one can't happen without the other, so I guess they go hand in hand...or foot in foot... dumb joke.

1. Shoes. I cannot wait to get this stupid boot/sandal/orthopedic shoe off my foot.I  cannot wait to wear normal, everyday, MATCHING shoes. This damn black boot/sandal/orthopedic shoe is driving me crazy. I hate it. I am over it. I know it's working and it's keeping my foot "rigid" and not bending so that stress fracture(s) can heal. But it's annoying. It's not fashionable. It's not cute. Cute toes were cute in the beginning and it made me feel a little better about the ugly boot, but again, I am over it. I want matching shoes on again. And don't even suggest I get another black boot/sandal/orthopedic shoe to match my other shoe. One is hard enough to walk in...I can't even imagine what it would be like to walk with one on each foot. Over. It.  
I love these flips. Cute little starfish.

 Yes, I tried on my shoes yesterday. I did not walk or move with a real shoe on the left foot. It didn't really even touch the ground, and if it did, it was lightly and for show only. Point is, I DID NOT WALK. 
My favorite around the house/yard/slipper kind of shoes


















  
 



Seriously, do you see how ridiculous I look with one real shoe and one black boot/sandal/orthopedic shoe.  





 Oh, and don't even think for a minute it looks any better with running shoes!

2. Run or Walk. But mostly running. No, it's walking too. I cannot wait until I can run a short distance or walk a long distance. And by long, I mean around the grocery store. To lunch at work. Go shopping. Walk to BFFAE's house or Aly's (both of which are 6 houses in either direction of mine) instead of driving. Oh, and running. OMG. I honestly don't think I have had a good night's sleep since I had to STOP doing any sort of cardio that would put body weight on my foot. You don't realize how much a workout affects your sleep, until you can't do one and you can't sleep. At least not soundly.  I can't wait to start to run, even if it's 4 minute walk, 1 minute RUN. Just to go and feel my heart beat again. To release these endorphins.  I must admit, I put my running shoes on too. 


I wanted to know what it felt like to have 2 running shoes on. I was curious how I would feel emotionally. Concerned that I had lost the "running bug".  Would I still be excited about matching shoes? Would I still want to run?



And the answer was YES! I almost cried. It was relief. I still wanted to run. I got excited about being able to run. And soon I hoped. It felt amazing to have a running shoe on that left foot. I instantly felt lighter. Like all my pain and burdens and worries were gone. 

It's true...
courtesy of Pinterest
...and when you can't run, like I haven't been able to, my head feels all bogged down.  

I. Cannot. Wait. 
 
I am going to be slow as %*@$ , but I don't care. I will be out there. And maybe it will be good to be slow. Maybe it will be good to start fresh and new.  I know my head will be happy to start running again. I have goals. I'm writing them daily. I'm reading them daily.  I'm tired of feeling lazy, and well, tired.

Black flip; matches the black boot/sandal/orthopedic shoe
Hopefully come Friday, I can come out of this one black boot/sandal/orthopedic shoe and wear a matching pair of real shoes. Hopefully come Friday, I won't have to look like this...


And if not, and I am still in this one black boot/sandal/orthopedic shoe, well...I will play dress up and sit with matching shoes on in my living room and keep on keeping on.


 Run. Strong.Look ridiculous.
-t-






 





No comments:

Post a Comment