Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Yeah, I know...


I said I would blog more once training officially started, ahem, 2 weeks ago, and I failed. I got a little busy...

Jimmy Buffett concert at Riverbend. 

My niece Kate came to stay with me for a couple of days!

Been getting a certain teenage son ready for this. High school. He's on the freshman football team and has just started 2 a days! What a trooper! 

But I have been working out and running. And with Boss Lady and Training Lady nonetheless! And they've been working me hard! We meet on Tuesday and Thursday at the Rec Center and do our respective runs. I am usually by myself as these two speedy-feet have their awesome pace together. But it's okay! I kinda like running solo. Really gives me time to think.  

After the run (about an hours worth) we head into the Rec for "Bob's Class". Not sure if it has a real name, like "Total Body" or something catchy, but it is a lot of work and targets the whole body...arms, legs, abs, lots of abs, lots of push-ups. It's a really great class for cross-train!   

I did complete a full 8 mile out/back long run. Solo. On the bike path. During a race! That was kinda fun. There was this stick or vine hanging down from the tree ther I noticed on my way back. Kinda scarey too cause it looks like it's going to fall straight down and split me in half, vertically. 
And I saw this sign. Which was pretty cool. And I really wanted to do what it said. 

But I was only 3 miles. I could have turned around and went 5 back but I wasn't even to the bridge and I really like running from one main road to the next (Rt 40 to Old Springfield for my locals). 

And we went camping this weekend for BFFAE's birthday! I surprised her Saturday morning with this cute blow-up outside her camper before we left the campground at 0530 to go home for football practice (and me to run)!  Everybody that came past the site wished her a happy birthday!  It was pretty fun! 

So it has been a very busy couple of weeks. And my workouts haven't been incredibly stellar, but they are workouts. 

What I'm not telling you is the pain/injury I've endured the last 4 weeks. I will save that for a separate post (seriously, already written) because it is what I'm all about and it wouldn't be fair to just throw it in here. It does deserve it's own post. 

So until then... Please keep running strong. For me. 
Run. Strong. 
-t-

No comments:

Post a Comment