Sunday, September 2, 2012

HIKE!

Boss Lady called me early this afternoon to see if I wanted to go for a walk at the Englewood Dam later this afternoon. Which was good because I was headed to Earth Fare but was up for something this afternoon. I just did 8 miles yesterday so I didn't want to do anything that was too tiring on my legs  (although I did tell Nate we were gonna go and do the stairs at the Dam later today!). And tomorrow is the Cardio Physique class that will most likely kick my ass! But I will live through it. As it turns out, Nate went and did the stairs with one of his buddies.

So, after I tell Boss Lady sure, she says "Oh, you have old shoes, wear those. We will hike instead. We can do a 3 mile trail hike." Uh, okay. DUH! She knows I won't say no unless I really know I can't do it. I think I have only told her no once, maybe. And I am not even sure about that because I can't really remember. But I think.

So we meet at the Dam and hope to get the hike in before it rains, although she did say that we wouldn't get wet because the trail is covered. 

It was beautiful! I haven't been on a hiking trail in quite some time. I think about 2 years ago, in Hocking Hill, and that wasn't a hike.  It was a walk. Boss Lady walks fast. We were sweating. Once again, my fat was sobbing. AWESOME!!! I love sweat. There is a beautiful waterfall too! (I look terrible in this picture. It's Boss Lady's fault. Or her phone's. Or it's my distorted image of myself. Probably the latter!)  Anyhow. The hike was amazing! Invigorating. Just what I needed! And the conversation was just as great! Everything from the weekend, to what we did last week, to what have planned this week, to the Hot Chocolate 15k that we have signed up for in November (more on that in another post). Everything. 

And as we come out and head back up the hill (the hill that may just replace Fabulous Farrell Road) it starts to pour. And I don't mean rain. I. Mean. Pour. Buckets of rain. Have to take off our watches. Boss Lady has to hide her phone in her shirt. It felt so good though. I have yet to have a run/walk where it rains. Let alone pours. It was super cool. 

I was so full of energy when I got home. So much so that I ran over to BFFAE's house to let the dogs out. Okay, it's not that far, but still...

Tomorrow morning is Cardio Physique. It is going to kick my ass! I haven't been in weeks! If you haven't done Sue's class, I highly recommend it. It tones. It trims. It overloads your muscles. It feels awesome. Google Tracy Anderson, or Studio 57. There are some YouTube videos you can watch. The stars do it! 

So, hike complete. Another thing I haven't done and now I LOVE!  I may just go again tomorrow with Nate! What a way to end the weekend!!!

Run. Strong.
-t-


No comments:

Post a Comment