Monday, September 24, 2012

Last speed workout for the Akron Half!

Last speed workout of this training season! 4x400's....Check!

Not too shabby on the time...
2:13
2:17
2:16
2:24

I will tell you that the first time I did speed work on July 25th, my times were as follows:
2:30, 2:22, 2:18, 2:25

And then....6x400's on August 14th... 2:27, 2:22,  2:30, 2:29, 2:30, 2:26 And then again....6x400's on September 6th....2:14, 2:14, 2:20, 2:24, 2:28, 2:26

So, yeah, not too shabby. I think it's fair to say that I have been consistent and maybe even improved a little. I will take it. Seeing the improvement boosts my confidence for the race. Realizing that I have worked hard for this is good for my soul.

The run was good. Thank you to Cristen, Kelly and Katie for getting up at o'dark 5am and braving the freezing cold with me. That was probably harder than the run itself...although I will say that the run in the cold was not much easier.  Next time, we are going to "snake" the field!

I wanted my last picture of speed work at the track on the "B" at the stadium field this morning, but it was dark....but you get the idea...


A little additional information regarding the PR this past weekend...As I said, this was our 3rd year at this race, and it was confirmed because I did not see our names in the race results for 2009.  But I looked up my times from 2010 and 2011; 46:29 and 46:17, respectively. WOW! Can you say ~9 minute improvement in a year?!?!?!?! 
Yeah, I'm a little stoked about that!

Today, sitting at my desk a BIRD HIT MY WINDOW! Freaked me out. I immediately Google it to see the meaning behind that because someone said it was bad luck, ahem, Andrea. Well, it doesn't necessarily mean bad luck or death. It could mean that an end is coming to suffering, to our own personal inquiry to heal ourselves; to a relationship that is not serving us in a good way; a job that is upsetting us... I am going to interpret this as a sign that my training is coming to an end and a new door is opening...gosh, I hope it isn't the door to a full...

And now for some motivational video that I plan to watch at least once a day... I have already watched it twice today. Training Planner Cult Lady posted this link for me on our FB page cRaZy LeGs....  Maybe, the most inspirational video ever . . .

And I am going to post a blog later with all my favorite running motivational banners/pictures/whatever they are called things.

Tempo and maybe some hills (walked of course) on Wednesday. Then I am resting, resting, resting....

If you have any motivational works or words of encouragement you would like to share with me, feel free to email them, post them here, or on my FB page, or text me...I welcome all your encouragement!

Run. Strong.
-t-

No comments:

Post a Comment