Monday, September 10, 2012

The last of the 1600's

I just read my blog post from the last time I did the 3x1600's. It was actually the time I didn't have to do the mile repeats but did them anyway. Back in August. Okay. So it was only like 3 weeks ago, but seems like forever ago. And it was an unscheduled mile repeat. I say all this to defend my times on this morning's mile repeats....
 
Mile 1: 11:30
Mile 2: 11:49
Mile 3: 11:33

When we did the "unscheduled" mile repeats it was ridiculous times of 10:22, 10:40, 10:50.   I was also running with the fastest people in our group (Boss Lady, Katie, Lisa, Holly) that morning. I also wasn't as flipping tired as I was this morning. 

However, this morning I did beat my times from the miles I did on a scheduled mile repeat week in the beginning of August...almost exactly a month ago...11:38, 11:40, 11:48. So there.

I am sore this today. And tired. And if Kelly or Cristen had texted and said they were "bailing" I would have been just as content. And that sentiment was realized this morning while we stood at our cars at the Rec Center. It was even offered to go home. But we were there. And therefore we were going to go do these miles. And when this race is complete, I will not be running for a week.

And they were uneventful. Quite. 

But I could feel every single muscle and foot hitting the pavement. And I could hear my feet which sounded like lead hammers. I could hear myself breathing over Godsmack in my ears. I was so in tune with my body it was discouraging. I am hitting what I will name the "training wall". I am tired. I am burnt out. I am just downright exhausted. And either my mind is finally listing to my body, or my body is finally listening to my mind. Whichever it may be, I have to get out of this funk. This cloud. This aura. I have to find my "happy place" and finish this out strong. Because right now I feel weak. Beaten. 

And these feelings are not going to get me thru the 12 miler this weekend. These feelings aren't going to get me to race day. 

I am going to see the Ahhhhhmazing Dr. Pat today. I. Can. Not. Wait. The roller bed. The adjustments. The bit of confidence he will give me to get me thru the last 3 weeks of this training. 

Stay tuned for that update.

Run.Strong. Or at least try to...
-t-

No comments:

Post a Comment