Saturday, September 1, 2012

8 HUMID miles


1:50:59, 8.19 miles, 13:33/avg mile
Done. For this week.

Cristen and I headed out this morning at 6:30. It really wouldn't have mattered if we started earlier or later. It was humid. Slap you in the face humid. And cloudy. So no blue moon to be seen. Waiting on rain. 

Started out nicely too. But by the time we got the first mile in, we were already drenched in sweat. Our fat was sobbing!!! LOL! (had to throw that in there).

I mapped out a route last night which would take us to the other side of the interstate. But still make a 3 mile stop at McDonalds. That is just so much fun to me! I don't eat there anymore, but will stop for some ice water. Either we are really thirsty or their water tastes realllllly good!

Got the GU out around mile 4. I need to stock up on GU. And Body Glide. That's all on that subject.

Mile 6 took us back around to Speedway and more water. They don't have a water thinga-ma-jiggie on their soda dispenser. So we bought a bottle of water. This run cost me $.89.  And Cristen's knee. It started to give her grief. Shooting pain. UGH. I feel so bad for her! She's such a trooper. We keep running though. A little. And then she walks. I keep going. I found the groove. And she said to keep going. And I back track to go back and keep her company. But she keeps trying! That is what is so wonderful about her! She never gives up. Never. Ever. (sounds like Taylor Swift's new song)

So, we cut the route short so. I can run whatever I need to after we get to my house (where her car is). And we do. We get there. 7.11 miles. Okay. That's easy. Up to Helke Elementary (or thereabout) and back. Should be more than enough and then some for cool down. PERFECT! I head into the house to get her keys and guess who's up. And guess who I am making go on the last mile. Yep! Nate is up! Get your shoes on. I need another mile. You can go too! I let him ride his bike but he has to stay with me. 

LOL! He put up that 1 on his own!
Cristen heads home. Sad and very apologetic. It's okay. I know she didn't want to stop. I missed her my last mile. 

But I had Nate! We start back up our street and he says "mom, you run fast!"  Awwwwwweeeeeee! Thanks Nate! You are such a great kid! Love that boy! I don't think I'm fast, by any means, but for just that moment, I was fast. And my son is the greatest!

The 8 are done. Plus a little cause I was feeling good! Everything is soaked in sweat. I love that feeling. It really is awesome. I stink. But I am still awesome!


 
A new week starts tomorrow. Can't wait! I'm starting 2-a-days. Run in the morning, weights in the afternoon/evening. Aiming for 3 days of 2-a-days. Race is in 4 weeks. I need to pump it up a little. Kick it in. I can do this. I have to do this. Enough said.

Run. Strong.
-t-



P.S. Nate took my picture this morning. After he took the first one he said, "okay, now do something funny!"  If you know Nate, you know his signature picture is the "2 thumbs up". So I did that. We laughed!

No comments:

Post a Comment