Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Not off to a great start...

But I did attend an AdvoCare Mixer and am extremely excited! And I got my next Runner's World magazine! These two things are quickly becoming my favorite indulgences!

So, I ran last night. It was a beautiful day! Warm. Low 60's I think. I thought it was gonna be great! I only had to do 3 miles (1 mile run, 1 minute walk). PIECE. OF. CAKE. Or so I thought....talk about a struggle. I couldn't find my "groove" on the sidewalk, so I moved to the street. That proved to be unsafe, so I went back to the sidewalk. Music was not kicking in for me. It took everything I had to just get thru that 1st mile. UGH. My right heel was THROBBING. I realized I am starting to roll my foot to compensate from the pain on the heel only to now have pain in on the side of my foot. I am not winning. Mile 1 down. Walk for 1 minute. Yeah, even that hurt. I start running again thinking I can run thru the pain. OH, and there is someone running towards me too. I can't let them see me walk! ARE YOU KIDDING! So, yeah, I start running. Picking up the pace. Whew! They passed. I slow down. MISTAKE! Foot throbbing again! I walk. I can't do it. It hurts so bad. I really needed my Trainer Shelly on this run. She distracts me. Takes my mind off the pain.  I only made it 2.66 miles just to get back to my house. And I am pretty sure I walked more than I should have.

My foot was so stiff last night. I would wake up in the middle of the night and it was stiff. This was definitely something I have never felt before. I stretched it in the middle of the night, at least 4 times, yawn.  Today, it is still painful. It may be time to call the foot doctor. Again.

I do have a 5k this weekend. And I am really looking forward to that! I love the 5ks. I hope I still love them after this weekend. I have 2 more before the big 13.1 miler.

Tonight I will do some AB RIPPER! Thank you Matt and Amy! Hmmmm, wonder if I can get my son to join me! (I can hear you dad!!!!)

Until my next run, probably Friday morning...here's to hoping my foot heels itself. I don't have time for this pain! 58 days and COUNTING....

No comments:

Post a Comment