Friday, March 23, 2012

It's a GREAT day!

For a couple of reasons....
1. Buckeyes won last night!!!! ELITE 8 BABY!
2. Project #1 of the Spring Yard Projects is complete (retaining wall is built and back filled!) all before it rained overnight!
3. Yard was mowed!
4. 1/8 of the flower beds are mulched (I am so totally paying some high schooler to finish it over spring break!)

AND LAST, BUT DEFINITELY NOT LEAST....DRUM ROLL PLEASE....

5. I CAN GO BACK TO TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Yep, the AMAZING Dr. Pat told me that I could go back to running....with a plan...2 minute run, 3 minute walk, for 3 miles; then a FULL 2 mile walk. AND! I am supposed to really push the 2 minute run to my fastest time...this will assist with burning the calories AND increasing my speed. He didn't say that I wouldn't be able to run the half; or that I couldn't. He just said that let's work towards it!!!! 

So, I took him in my shoes. I have ordered my original running shoes online now. I am not going to mess with it anymore. Now I have a $109 pair of "street shoes". Sadly, they aren't very cute. But o-well. Unless someone wants to purchase them...$50 say...that will pay for my new Asics..Here is a pic...I have worn them maybe for a total 50 miles. They are a size 9.5 womens. Give me a call, or email, or FB me if you are interested...about a week before I decide to put them on to just wear as "street shoes"!


With all that said...I get to run, I get to run, I get to run!!!!! This makes me sooooo incredibly happy!

I need to give a shout out to my BFFAE Jen! After the initial appointment on Tuesday and me relaying to her my dread and possible disappointment at potentially not being able to do the half, she said to me "I don't care if we walk the whole 13.1. We will START together. We will FINISH together. If I have to push you across the finish line in a wheelchair I will!" Gosh I love her to pieces! That totally made my day! And it reaffirmed my belief and trust in our friendship (not that I had any doubt!)! I really needed her to say that to me!

So, back to running I go!!!!!! Am I nervous? I ain't gonna lie...HELL YEAH! But I am going to push the nerves aside and get out there and DO IT! AHHHHH......

No comments:

Post a Comment