Saturday, March 3, 2012

Week 3....5 MILES

Yay! I did it! I ran a full 5 miles. No stopping! Not even to "chuck" as Shelly (my trainer) put it!

It started out great! I had a lot to talk about with Shelly as we usually do on my long runs. Mostly me talking and her listening. It helps me breath, er forget about breathing as I run, which then I can run longer. Usually the first mile is the WORST for me but this time it was a breeze...it went by so quickly. 13 something I think. Which is very impressive for me. I am getting faster. I think. I feel anyhow.

Mile 2.5 was nice too. We actually went a little further. My choice. I think I surprised Shelly.  Then we turned around and went back. This was about when I wished I had something to drink. Just to wet my mouth. Gosh it was so dry. The miles started to suck. Bad. So we started laughing about the "fanny packs of water" that some runners wear (sorry if you are one of those people that wear them). Why would I add another 3 pounds to my already overweight body and run with it! HELLO! So Shelly the Trainer said she would carry water next time for me (and her secretly...I think she was dry-mouthed too!) So that got me thru the next half mile.

About mile 3.5 is when I wanted to "chuck" as she put it. Throw up. Yep. I had the feeling of "I am going to die or throw up". I didn't stop running. I just leaned a little to the left, spit, and all the while kept running. Shelly the Trainer, however, ran a little ahead of me and looked the other way. 

Mile 4 because MIND OVER MATTER. I did 4 last weekend. What's another mile??? What's another 13:46? NOTHING! But it took me a few to get there. But I did it. And we ran. Susie, the voice on my Nike app, came on and said, "You're almost there! Hit for a powersong and punch it". OKAY SUSIE! Let's do this! And I did. To Nickelback. And I finished it. And it felt great. And I will do it next weekend.

It started snowing. It got colder. I asked random people on the path if they had water. They did not. But they smiled. I enjoyed the run.

And then it occurred to me, thanks to Shelly the Trainer, that today is March 3rd. MY 1/2 IS IN 2 MONTHS! 62 DAYS!!! Eh, I got it. Thanks to Shelly the Trainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment