Wednesday, August 8, 2012

3x1600's

aka...HELL Mile Repeats-Speed Work. But they are done. And don't get repeated until week 8! YAHOO! 

I was supposed to do them in 11:30/min. I didn't.
Mile 1: 11:38 
Mile 2: 11:40 
Mile 3: 11:48

I should add that Miles 1 & 2 were done on the road versus the track where I usually do my speed work. Those weren't too bad. The 3rd mile was done on the track. That was bad. Butler football team was starting practice. I really didn't want to look like the dog with his tongue hanging out as it is wailing thru the wind! That would have been embarrassing. Never mind the other thoughts that were going thru my mind during the 4 laps around the track. 

At any rate. Speed work is complete.  And I can see how this particular speed work will benefit me in the half. 400's and 800's won't do as much when it comes to really needing that push to finish the last 1.1 freaking miles! Trust me...you know that last 1 point 1 freaking mile...and where the dig deep part of your running comes into play. So, if I can dig deep for a 11:30/mile finish, then I will have accomplished my "not to be said out loud" completion time. Only 4 people know that time by the way...1 because she wrote the plan for that time, 1 because I told her and probably why she pushes me like she does, and the other 2 because I "blabbed" it to them and walked away without getting their reaction.  There's still 7 weeks left in training. I got this. 


Boss Lady (aka Amy) may be getting a new name too.  She met me at the track this morning with a couple of "newbies" to our training group. Although I think I am the only one training for anything....  She was showing them the 4x400's. I told her I wanted to do those instead. She asked what was on my plan. I told her. She said "Nope. You have to stick to your plan." Or something like that. Talk about a BOSS LADY! But this morning, she was MEAN Boss Lady. I wanted to do 400's! (said with a whine, of which I am sure Cult Lady Training Planner is probably shaking her head at me cause I like to whine but I still push myself and do what I am supposed to do...wink!)  She isn't really mean. She is honest and straight forward and for that I appreciate her much more. And I know she's right. Stick to the plan. Get the results. Something I am struggling with. 

My plan consists of the following:
  • Tempo Run (1x a week)
  • Speed Work (1x a week)
  • Long Run (1x a week)
  • Cross Training (2x a week)
You do the math...that's 5 days of workouts. There are 7 days in a week. And here begins the whine... No, I am not going to whine.  But. I will say it is hard to get all that in. And do hills because I am sickening addicted to those stupid things! And some of these runs aren't easy. A tempo pace is a 12:00/min mile. TWELVE MINUTES! I thought I ran fast at a 5k pace of 12:38. 38 seconds is a LOT OF TIME TO SHAVE!!! And to do it from anywhere between 3-8 miles! Are you kidding me?! No, she is not kidding. It's on the paper. I whined.  Oh and the long runs...6-12 miles. I may still be whining. 

Whining or not, I am doing this. Because I want it. I want it B-A-D! 

Deb and Dad...2 of the reasons I run!
So that's it for right now. My arse still hurts. I need to stretch it like the AHHHMAZING Chiropractor told me too. 

Thank you ALL for the kind words the last few days. 

Run. Strong. 
-t-

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment