Tuesday, August 14, 2012

6x400's are FUN!

And BOSS LADY is mean. But only when doing the bleachers. And she really isn't mean....it's just how I get thru the bleachers after the track. She knows that.

So. Anyhow. 6x400's are done. They weren't too hateful. I figured out how to trick my mind into thinking it wasn't so bad. And I got thru them with the following times.
2:27, 2:22, 2:30, 2:29, 2:30, 2:26
And actually Boss Lady ran the last one with me to pace me and help me reach my goal. Her timing came in at 2:16. Which would mean I TOTALLY ROCKED the last one. Which is what I'm supposed to do. Beat the first time. So mission accomplished. Even if it was by 1 second or 11 seconds.

And let me just add that it is dark at the track at 0530. Guess that's why it's called "o dark thirty". Haha. I crack myself up. Oh it might be exhaustion.

So excited to report that we had some newbies to the track workout this morning! BFFAE came and Jenny Jenkins! Yay girls! And awesome to see Holly, Katie, and Lisa out there again this morning! These workouts really work! I think I am a little faster due to these workouts. But mostly my confidence in myself and being a runner are the biggest improvement for me.

Of course after the track run those big bad bleachers stood there...waiting to be cursed and trampled on. And I did. I don't know how many steps there are but I am going to count the next time. I am really curious! And I only think about it AFTER I start and I am surely not starting over! So there!

I should also add that I put my socks on the correct feet this morning and there was definitely a significant difference! I got nothing else to say about this subject. ;-)

In the midst of being soaked with sweat, discussing the levy failure and the cuts our schools face in the coming school year, I forgot to take my picture. So when I got home I took a picture of my socks! And a handful of cherries! AND this afternoon I got a cool new gadget! Sooooo excited!

Must go to sleep. 0530 (aka o'dark thirty) will be here soon and FABULOUS FARRELL Road is beckoning me in the morning! Yay me!(yes Shirley that is a slight whine....just for you!)

Run. Strong.
-t-

No comments:

Post a Comment