Sunday, August 5, 2012

This one is for my Grandma...

My grandmother met my grandfather in heaven on Wednesday, August 1, 2012. She spent 89 years on this earth. She had 5 children, 10 grandchildren, 11 great-grandchildren. She was a beautiful woman. I am going to miss her dearly. But I know she is pain free and is smiling down on me. This was evident on my 8 mile long run this morning. After a night/morning of storms, it didn't rain so I could get my run in. Call it luck of ya want. I call it my Grandma Rock.

Her favorite color was purple. And in honor of her this morning, I wore a purple tank top.

I thought of her thru the entire run. I thought about my family. I thought about my grief that she is gone.

Today I will say goodbye to her body but not her spirit and soul as it will be with me and my family as we go thru this process. Please pray for us today and tomorrow as we say our final goodbyes.

I will be back on Wednesday with some speedwork and then hill repeats and a 10 miler somewhere in that mix...it's gonna be a long week....

Special thanks to my dad and Deb for joining me this morning! Dad did his first full 8 mile run an Deb walked the full 8! Thank you! Love you both!

Run. Strong. Pray.
-t-

No comments:

Post a Comment