Thursday, August 16, 2012

6 miles in the AM....anyone? Anyone?

That's okay. 6 miles is nothing! At least that is what I tell myself the night before a long run. Which is good and bad. Good because I have psyched myself up for a great run tomorrow. Bad because it's 9:30pm and I am not asleep yet! But I'm just too excited!

I GOT MY NEW SHOES TODAY! I wasn't expecting them until next week but they were on the doorstep when I got home from work (it kinda improved my mood!)

You may be thinking "new shoes on the doorstep? Don't you get your shoes at the running store?" No. I order mine from amazon.com because my ASICS are an older model and I can't find them in the stores. So why not get the newer model? Well, I would except the last time I changed my shoes my plantar facetious flared big time and I had to go see the AMAZING Dr. Prikkle! Which is all good but I was in the middle of my training for my first 1/2. That was not good. So I stopped wearing the new shoes, found my previous shoes online, and promptly ordered a pair. My PF calmed down, I learned some new exercises, had some wonderful adjustments, and now have a great chiropractor whom I like to call a friend cause he's just so cool like that!

So! Until I get thru this half, I am not changing shoes or anything else. There's too much at risk. I've been training too hard and too diligently to have a PF flare-up now! Or injure myself because I don't know how to wear the shoes. I mean seriously, socks about messed me up on Sunday with blisters! Geesh! Don't need a sprained ankle or another PF flare!

Any takers yet on the 6 LR tomorrow???? It will be fun! Lol! Kelly has volunteered to come along. Although she already said that she didn't want to do 6, but she will (and she is praying for heavy rain...wink!).

Sooooo if ya want to join me...meet at the Rec Center at 5:15am! Hey, ya may even get a mention in my "wrap-up" blog post! :-)

Aren't my new shoes pretty!!!!

Run. Strong.
-t-

No comments:

Post a Comment